I was up with Asher from 4:30am-6:00am this morning. Then my husband graciously got up with the boys for the day so I could go back to sleep for another hour. When I dragged myself out of bed at 7:00am and into the shower, I knew I had a choice to make. This day could go one of two ways: I could choose to revel in the tired, grumpy attitude I was feeling or I could choose to be positive. I’m choosing the latter.
Positive affirmations truly go a long way, and though they won’t necessarily change how my day plays out, they will help be cope with whatever comes. I said a quick prayer in that shower and made a list over breakfast of things that make me happy. Here’s what came to mind:
1. Coffee. No explanation needed.
2. Candles burning in my window. They look pretty, smell good and calm me.
3. The boys playing nicely together. When they aren’t fighting there is such peace in this house!
4. Rain. It’s expected in Vancouver this weekend and we so desperately need it. I can’t wait to breath in it’s fresh scent!
5. Morning phone chats with my Mother. It’s become an unspoken tradition. Just us checking in with each other.
6. Hugs from my husband. He’s 6’3 and his hugs totally envelope me. I love it.
7. Hot baths. Thanks to the heat wave it’s been cold baths lately, but I’m longing for a nice hot bath by candlelight.
8. Fall Baking. I cannot wait for September! Apple Cinnamony things, Pumpkin Scones, and the smells of nutmeg and ginger!
9. An undisturbed sleep. It’s very rare for me to sleep straight through the night, so when I do I feel like a million bucks!
10. Salvation. Knowing I’m forgiven for the things I’ve done wrong and that I have a heavenly Father who loves me unconditionally.
Those are just a few of the things that make me happy this morning. What makes you happy?
P.S – It’s FRIDAY ladies… 🙂